DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: November 30, 2022
CALL TO PLAYWRIGHTS: Arts Fort Worth is providing an outlet for playwrights to showcase their original work and have a chance to see their play produced on a professional level. A panel of theater professionals will review all submitted scripts and select the top eight (8) submitted scripts to receive a staged reading. After the readings have been presented, The Arts Center will select one (1) script to receive a full production for presentation in the spring of 2024’s Arts Center Presents season in the Hardy and Betty Sander Theatre. The selected playwright will be presented a $500 royalty. The playwright(s) of each play will be encouraged take part in the rehearsal and development of the new work production process
Eight selected scripts receive a staged reading.
One selected work will be fully produced at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center in the Hardy and Betty Sanders Theatre and receive a $500 royalty.
· Submit one digital copy.
· Submission must begin with a title page that includes the work’s name and the playwright’s name, address, telephone number, and email.
· Manuscript must be typed in no less that 12-point type and page numbered.
· Submission must be written in the English Language.
· Submission must be an original, full-length play that is unpublished.
· Adaptation submission will not be accepted, original scripts only.
· Include a character list and scene breakdown if applicable.
· The cast for the play or musical must be limited to no more than 10.
· The script may have more than one author.
· Playwrights will be notified by email and a list of selected readings will be published on our website. There will be no written or oral critique given on scripts submitted.
· Author headshot (jpg format), bio (400-word limit), and play synopsis (200-word limit) must be included with script submission. Format all file names as TitleLastNameDocument.pdf (i.e. TheHobbitTolkienScript.pdf, TheHobbitTolkienBio.pdf).
There is a $15 entry fee for the submission, which must be paid along with the submitted script. Members of the Dramatists Guild need only pay $10
November 30, 2022: Deadline
January 2023: Playwrights will be notified of selections for readings.
Fall 2023: Stage readings will take place
December 1, 2023: final selection for production will be made and playwright notified
· Submissions that have been previously produced or published will not be accepted.
· A play that is scheduled for a professional production at the time of submission will not be accepted.
· Adaptations of previously published material will not be accepted.
· Musicals will not be accepted at this time.
Please direct all questions to: Jason Leyva, Production Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Arts Fort Worth, 1300 Gendy Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76107
ABOUT Arts Fort Worth
Founded in 1963 as the Arts Council of Fort Worth and Tarrant County, Arts Fort Worth is a nonprofit organization with the mission to promote, nurture, and support the arts in Fort Worth. Arts Fort Worth administers a competitive grants program, manages the Fort Worth Public Art program, and operates what was formerly known as the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, a dynamic arts complex with theaters, galleries, studios, and office suites, on behalf of the City of Fort Worth. Arts Fort Worth also provides educational programming and supports arts advocacy at all levels of government, provides public art consultation services, rents the facilities for a wide range of private and public events and programs. Arts Fort Worth is supported in part by the City of Fort Worth and the Texas Commission on the Arts. For more information, please visit artsfortworth.org